Eating out with the farm girls tonight was amazing. They are so funny and I get a warm feeling inside when we all hang out. We went to this great Thai restaurant in Great Barrington and ate so much, but everyone wanted ice cream after. So we went to SoCo and I had coconut with Rieces Pieces.
The dog is back; he went on a trip with the hostess to her parents' house. He has really grown on me. Whenever the aggressive guinea hen tries to peck at my ankles he chases it away and when I work on the shutters alone in the back by the shed, he comes out and sits next to me like a guard. He is very useful for telling us when guests come: he can hear cars from way before I can even hear the tires on the gravel. They really spoil him here but I think he's a nice dog.
It's my last week here and I don't miss Florida, but I miss my friends. I wish I could build a little community of them to have them near to me always. I like the co-op lifestyle; I think I would enjoy that as an older adult still.
No comments:
Post a Comment