Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Farm Girl Dinner!

Tonight I was invited to dine with the farm girls at an intern's house. I've gotta say, when you eat with farmers, there's a lot of veggies on the table. We went vegetarian and had fried eggs, tofu, three kinds of salad (one with beats) and quinoa. For dessert- zucchini chocolate chip cookies and raspberries from the backyard garden!

The girls were hilarious. I didn't say much, I just listened and tried not to crack up too much.

Earlier in the day it had been raining. I sliced wood for the wintertime for Jim until the gas ran out in the wood-slicing machine. For lunch I discovered that Beef Brisket makes the most delicious hamburgers! Then I joined my gf at her farm and planted flowers for a future pick-your-own flowers CSA pick-up day.

*CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Members of the community pay for a share and get fresh veggies weekly from their local farm. They come to pick up the veggies and there is often a "pick-your-own" item in addition to the ones laid out at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment