Saturday, July 24, 2010

I turned in my keys at the B&B that I worked at. I went in to work in the morning, but the owner said he tried to call to tell me not to come in. I gave him the keys and walked home.

With my gf I went to Daily Bread Bakery and just missed lunch, which was served till 3 pm. Still we got some pastries and walked around town.

There was a mini market that we discovered all too late, since this is our last week here in the Berkshires. It had all the essentials and fresh lunch.

We walked over to Red Lion's Inn for lunch. In the Red Lion Den we had the day's special - meatloaf and potatoes. Apple pie with vanilla ice cream was for dessert. The place seemed pretty sweet and it was a great value for casual dining. The Inn also offered more elegant dining, and more expensive options, upstairs.

We went back home and worked on the shutters. Then we got ready to go see a movie. This weekend definitely feels like a vacation and we've been relaxing for a few days.

In Hudson, NY we went to see a showing of Girl Who Played With Fire. It was a dark thriller. Intriguing and intense.

I love how author's build characters. I think of people that could exist, and my imagination carries me away. At the end of the daydream I realize that I created a character that a story could be built around. Do author's typically build them in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment