Monday, July 19, 2010

People around here say things very differently.

For example, when I first came I was told to go down what sounded like "Iceland Road." I repeated "Iceland" and they said yes, that is what it's called. When I see the street sign, it is actually "Ice Glen Road."

Today I discovered the entrance to the hiking trail leading to what I thought was "Lars Tower." But of course, it was not named this. It is called "Laura's Tower."

Around 7 pm there was a storm passing over our area. The thunder boomed and echoed in the valley between the mountains. Lightning cracked. The dog came to stay with us in the bathroom. I realized how hairy and soft he actually is as he quietly curled up on our feet.

After our dinner of soup, scrambled eggs with veggies, and curried cubed potatoes (okay, it tastes awesome despite it sounding convoluted) we made a late night trip to Price Chopper for some cookies: ginger snap and chocolate chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment